Resources for Resilience
At Sound And Health, we hold space for you - in our hearts and minds - as together we experience dramatic changes in our daily lives from the pandemic. We are providing opportunities to lift up our shared humanity and to foster both individual wellbeing and collective flourishing - to support the culture we wish to live in.
Sound And Health is actively developing efforts to have wider reach and impact on contemporary issues.
- An excellent short guide to avoiding common pitfalls in interpreting COVID-19 statistics. By our colleague Imad Riachi, PhD.
- It’s time we start asking the hard questions: The strategy that we are adopting needs to be as multi-dimensional as are the threats posed by this pandemic, and should not discard mental health, wellbeing, quality of life, and long term ramifications of anxiety and economic hardship. A report by Imad Riachi, PhD.
Healthy Mindset & Body
- Resilience in times of COVID-19: my personal reflection on the role of storytelling for a resilient and thriving global community. By Miriam Burger, MD.
- As supporters of His Holiness, the 14th Dalai Lama, we are pleased to share the Dalai Lama’s recent reflection on compassion in TIME Magazine during this time.
- Holistic mindset resources by our colleague Dr. Scharfenberg and the Ayurvedic/holistic health community can be found here (in German).
- Benefit from powerful principles of Classical Chinese Medicine, an ancient system of healthcare that has been in continuous practice for thousands of years. TCM seeks to fortify your immune system, reinforcing the intelligence of your body.
- Travel the world with live stream cameras: From Patagonia to South Africa to Yosemite, visit some of our favorite places on the planet in real-time via live webcams—and start dreaming of where you want to go when we can travel again.
- Coping strategies during COVID19 - for mental wellbeing. WHIS talks to leading experts from the WHO and NHS about Mental Wellbeing and Arts & Health, among them Miriam Burger (Sound & Health, SDG3 Expert WHIS)
- What can the arts do for Community Health? WHIS talks to Miriam Burger (Sound & Health, SDG3 Expert WHIS) and Dr. Beat Stoll about music and the arts.
- As a member of the Harvard Global Health Delivery Network, we are pleased to share the resources offered for free by the Global Health Institute's Mental Health Free COVID-19 support group.
- We also recommend the collection on Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Resources during the COVID-19 Outbreak.
- Beneficial videos for children on emotional support, breathing practices, and health emergencies by the charming Sesame Street in Communities Program.
Sustainable Development Goals
- We furthermore recommend the collection by the World Health Innovation Summit with the latest advice on COVID-19 and their weekly "Corona Perspectives" Newsletter with ideas from the forefront in interdisciplinary health.
WHIS and UNGSII offer the Newsletter "Corona Perspectives" to provide a weekly update for the United Nations SDG Knowledge platform, for health care delivery and governments, to accelerate future change towards prevention and community-centered health care.
- Miriam Burger worked together with the HMS COVID-19 Student Response Team on the "COVID-19 Curriculum" (incl. a >60 member team from Harvard Medical School and other global institutions) - a free to use COVID-19-curriculum that offers numerous medical resources and information on the New Coronavirus. The curriculum can be found here. One-page summaries on the modules can be found here.
- Daily bites of information can be found on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube by @FutureMDvsCOVID, including regular updates on scientific guidance, informative infographics, stories of the front-line medical professionals keeping us safe, and much more. A module on Medical ethics & public health challenges is available. A module on Mental Health during COVID-19 is available as well.
- The COVID-19 Health Literacy Project offers One-Pagers with valuable COVID-19 hacks, in multiple languages.
This list is subject to regular updates.
Dr.Miriam Burger, MD Cert GHD, is a practicing Medical Doctor for health & music, with a holistic approach to health, and advances health literacy, and promotion towards prevention and beneficial lifestyle choices.
She is an advisory board member at the World Health Innovation Summit, and a member of several international academic networks including the Global Health Delivery Project at Harvard University, ZHDK Zurich, University of Zurich, Medical University of Vienna.
At Sound And Health, she provides a platform and reference for music, medicine, and sound health at the intersection of arts and sciences.